The other night I was in bed, trying to fall asleep. There are just some nights I can’t seem to get to sleep because I’m either thinking about my day or about all the things I have to accomplish the next day. To distract myself from my own thoughts, I decided to read some blogs until I fell asleep. Perfect strategy because two posts I read truly inspired me.
One post was a list of ways to be a happier person and the other was about how to relax. Both of these I need to sometimes need to work on. It’s easy for me to get caught up in the moment and stress about things that have gone wrong, instead of looking at the positives. Why do I worry so much, when everything always seems to work out in the end? I have no idea, but below is my list of ways to get a better handle on what stresses me out and be a better person. I guess you could call this my mid-year resolution.
- Think positively
- Don’t over-promise or over-commit myself
- Stop comparing myself to everyone else
- Spend more time with positive people
- Be more adventurous and try new things
- Take things one step at a time
- Read and write more, watch less TV
- Stop doubting myself
- Be confident in my work
- Spend more time outside
- Keep in touch with old friends
- Surround myself with people who love and support me
- Enjoy quiet time to myself
- Kick my technology addiction and just take in the beauty of my surroundings
- Don’t judge
- Be optimistic
See photo caption below…
This photo is the essence of what I need to work on. I was getting ready for a weekend trip and I couldn’t find my phone charger anywhere. I yelled and cried at my fiancé for probably a good 2 hours because I was sure he either took the cord or put it away somewhere. I was anxious and upset and instead of looking in my purse, which was the last place I had it, I let my anxiety take over. I found it the next day…right where I left it.