Let’s face it, the holidays are here.
I’ve come to terms with the fact that it is impossible to prepare for their sudden arrival, so instead of stressing over it, I am just going to go with the flow and enjoy it. Starting with this fun holiday recipe I found on Corks + Cheers blog. Your holiday guests will be so impressed when you hand them a cold glass of wine in an Apple Wine Glass.
How to make your holiday Apple Wine Glasses.
Here’s what you need:
1 Large Apple per person
Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
Wine (I used Parker Estates Chardonnay)
Here’s how you do it:
- Cut the tops off the apples.
- Using a sharp knife, cut around the core. Be careful not to cut too deep or you may puncture a hole in the bottom and your wine will come dripping out. I know from experience. Don’t waste wine!!!
- Using a spoon, or melon baller, carefully dig out the insides.
- On a small plate, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Coat the rim of the apple with cinnamon and sugar.
The combination of the apple and cinnamon enhanced the fruity flavors in the wine. I don’t think I can go back to regular glassware after this treat.
Even if you aren’t serving wine at your holiday gathering, these would also work great with sparkling apple juice. Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!